Monday, September 23, 2013

What's the point?



What’s the point?


I have asked this question a lot in the past year. What is the point Lord? I don’t really have the words to describe how hard it is to do something you don’t want to do. I really can only think of one thing I did this past year that I really wanted to do, well maybe two things. I went on my road trip and God used it to open my eyes to His purpose. The other thing well it has been a disaster from the start. So, what’s the point Lord?

The point is this when you sell out and say, “Not my will but thy will be done.” You truly do lose your free will. I mean you can keep trying to do it your own way but God never seems to let that happen when you sell out. I have said this so many times but it is true for my life. When God says “Go” I just have to do what He says. It blows my mind every time I listen and maybe not right away but I see the hand of the Lord on my life. Most of the time it is way after the fact but it still holds true. I was reminded of His plan for me today.

I was sitting in the church and yes as I often am crying lol (there is a reason for that statement.) God reminded me of so many promises. I went reading through my prayer journals and I am always amazed when I do that because I see patterns of how God has been talking to me. Months can have gone by and I see the same words and phrases He has given me and it becomes its own confirmation. Last night at church there was a message that was preached about puzzle pieces and it reminded me of something God had given me in early July when I moved to Longview. I found it and it blew my mind.

God always confirms His word and it will not return void!

I saw so many things in my journals that made no sense a year ago take form and it was like the light was shining. It makes so much more sense to me now. I would like to go on record saying that I truly am a selfish person. God has been working this out of me for so long but when you look back over the promises and then you see the results in front of you, the answer is simple, “I am still selfish”. I am thankful for a God who tries to bring that out so that I don’t have to stay in the same destructive pattern. I have failed miserably but as my pastor from home has told me, “God is in control.”

Ouch! that is a hard one to not lose sight of because we as people get so wrapped up in our own thoughts that we get sidetracked from the vision at hand. God has been speaking to me about my focus and how that it has to be on Him.

I thought it was…

I thought I was doing what He was telling me to do. It is sad to point out that I always fail in this area of my life. I put my best foot forward and welp it always gets misconstrued… lol some day I will learn. I will say this though, I may have missed the mark but God is still in control and knows the outcome. I am sure glad He knows what the point is?

I am only a servant in the army of the Lord. I can’t look to the left or to the right and neither can you my friends. The devil brings distractions to keep us from the mission at hand. The point is: “The souls are white and ready to harvest.” And when you sell out, you have to be willing to go where you’d rather give your eye teeth not to go. I said it once today I would rather be in Siberia. It would be easier to crawl up in a corner and die.

But not this time Devil…

I don’t think I have ever been so mad at the devil. When I am mad it makes me fight stronger in the Lord. No weapon formed against us shall prosper! You may have won the battle but the end of the book says, “We win!”

Don’t give up on your dream just before it comes to pass! I encourage you to throw yourself at the altar of surrender. You think it is too much to bear, (I know I have been there.) But I promise you there is beauty in the ashes. He will resurrect you from the dead. He made you a promise and the only reason there are unfulfilled promises is because you stopped pursuing them. My pastor preached this week that you have to kill your promises because if you do God will raise them from the dead. If Abraham was willing to kill his only son without God living inside him, then how much more should you and I kill my promise? I give up trying to do it my way, obviously I umm stink at it!

The whole point is: people will laugh at you, they will mock you, they will misunderstand you, they will turn their back on you, they will judge you, they won't forgive you, and possibly, yes, hate you. But you don’t answer to them; they are not your Master and Judge. So I implore you…Follow through with God’s point for your life. It is always darkest before the dawn…

God Bless you my friends…


No comments:

Post a Comment