Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stepping Into My Promise!

Stepping Into My Promise!


Have you ever received a promise for something? Has it come to pass, or are you still waiting?

I would like to spend this blog giving my testimony of what God has spoken to me about and while waiting for His promises in my life. I was at a point in my life where I was ready to give up on my promise. This breaks my heart to even have to admit it to myself. It’s not that I doubt God in the least, how could I? It’s just that I was feeling like I had probably made it all up in my head. Or else other parties disliked me so much and I cared more about not hurting them than myself that I was willing to step aside.

Here is my story…

On May 13, 2013 I drove across the country to Texas, my most favorite place to be on earth. I don’t know why I have such a love for Texas. God has put that love in my heart. Even as a little girl when we lived in Houston, I never wanted to leave! This time I came to Dallas for a singles conference and to sell my new book, Unfolding the Rose. God amazingly gave me a new friend, Mandi. She lives in Kilgore, TX and we went to the singles event together. I love how God keeps giving me new friends and contacts in Texas. Her family is a delight!

On May 14, 2013 a Tuesday I believe a dear friend called me from home and told me that God had put me on her heart strong. She gave me a word from the Lord, the word was “protection.” I told her thank you and was so grateful for her being sensitive to the Lord and sharing the word with me. I will be honest I didn’t know at the time what the word meant for me. Yet, the word “protection” made me aware all week of what God was trying to tell me.

There were some emotional roller coasters for me that week in the Longview area. There were some things I told God I didn’t want in my life anymore but He seemed to have other ideas. I didn’t want to go somewhere with all my heart but God again had another idea. I wanted to give up on my promise from Him but God said, “No, this is your promise.”

I was at my friend Mandi’s house and was in the shower and I broke down begging God to release something from my life. I cried out to God, “Please let me go from this Lord.” He kept repeating to me, “No, this is your promise and step into your promise.” He repeated it over and over again. With all my heart I was ready to step away from what God has been telling me for about a year now because it seemed like it was never going to happen. It still has not happened to date…

I went to the Dallas singles conference and oh how I was blessed. From the first minute I arrived at the service there was an anointing and a refreshing I received in the Spirit. It was almost like I breathed a heavy sigh of relief in the Spirit. Then the pastor there preached the first night. He preached about Psalms 23 and how the Lord is our protection. And how that the entire passage was everything we need in the Spirit. The devil cannot get to us because we are protected because of our walk with the Lord and He keeps us from harm. OH MY WORD! “protection” the word my friend had given me earlier in the week. I knew God had his hand on my life, to keep me safe.

But there was more God was trying to tell me later…

Here is the kicker----

I said already I had been praying about giving up on my promises and I will be honest even today I am bit discouraged. Then the message the second day was “step child” and how that now is the time to step into your promises. At this point as you can imagine I was broken before the Lord.  It seemed that every part of this weekend, God in His love and mercy had seen fit to talk to me over and over again. He was showing me that my promises were just on the horizon. I believe this with all my heart and I know God is working out my miracle. When it happens mark my words the only thing I will be able to say is , “well done my sweet Lord and friend of mine!”

So…

I had told God before I went to Texas this last time that I did not want to do something. And then wouldn’t you know it God told me to go. He even told me to do something more than once. If you have ever been told to do something from God, you know like I know, you can’t turn off the still small voice or in this case the yelling voice to “GO”. I sat in my car for 30 minutes the first time working up the courage to go inside where He had told me to go. I sat there tears streaming down my face staring at my impossible promise. It makes no sense to me why God has honored me and called me to this humble abode but it is my promise!

I walked into the building and I almost ran right back out. I don’t think I have ever been so sick to my stomach in my life. I listened to what God told me to do and then I left as quickly as I came in. I think it is hard for a person to feel so unwanted and it made me feel like an idiot to be honest. If ever I was humbled in my life it was that day. I would have never never never never never never never (is that enough never’s?) gone into this place unless God had told me. Yet, I will say this I care more about what God wants from me than my own feelings…

Then it happened again…

I was leaving to go home and God said go again. I will be honest with you my friends, I had to ask God for a sign. I hated to ask Him for a sign. He had already told me from July 2012 that this was where I was to be. And at one point last year He even said to me, “I am not going to give you anymore signs.” So you can imagine my reluctance. It’s not that I doubted God it was that I doubted myself. Tears streaming down my face and this time almost a panic attack, I listened and I went in the doors once more.

I saw the look on the pastor’s face as I walked in the door. I knew God had changed his message. I don’t think he was looking at me it’s just that I noticed him look past me. He got up to preach and he said, “God just changed my message.” You can imagine how I must have felt. I think I gulped and forgot to breathe that much I know for sure. I sat in the back trying my best to hide, oh and yup he called me out. Hahhaha so much for blending in.

He preached the message, “A hedge of protection.” Yes, I was just as amazed as you who are reading this blog. There was that word again, “protection.” This was the third time in one week that God used this word to speak to me. Only this time he preached about how to get protection and a different kind of protection that I had never understood. He preached about how we get protection in the Spirit which is through holiness and our personal integrity. Both of which can only from ourselves they are not things God can give us, we must determine to do these things to be closer to God.
Let me tell you why this word was significant…

I had been asking God a question for the past several months. I asked, “How did I know I was being used correctly in the Spirit?” I had been so afraid to step out and be used in the gifts of the spirit for fear that I would be wrong. I have such a fear for the order and righteousness of God. I have seen so many people used in the gifts go so wacky and I just want to be right. This was my answer, He is my protection, and will protect me by my holiness and integrity. God went on to tell me later in prayer that as long as I am praying in the Spirit, I am protected by my holiness unto Him and my life lived in integrity.

I was blown away…

Protection can mean three things:

1) Protection from physical/mental harm
2) Protection from the devil as in Psalms 23
3) Protection in the Spirit through intercessory prayer and living a life of holiness unto God and not compromising on your personal integrity.

I am amazed; God was really showing me in all three areas that He was my “protector.” It is comforting to know, He will never leave me or forsake me!

So then…

As I sat there in the church the pastor said, “And those of you who have the Angel of the Lord on your life and you’re asking God for a sign when God says “Go” you go!”

I think I almost literally and truly passed out. As my Mama says to me all the time, “God gives us a slap and a kiss.” I knew right then in that moment, I was not insane. Everything God has told me will come to pass. It will not happen at all the way I think it will happen and it will be better than I could dream up. My only expectation can be from the Lord. He is the only one who cannot fail us. Whatever He is doing He is working out for my best. I am willing to wait. I am willing to go. I am willing to work for the kingdom where I am planted. A wise man once said, “If God calls you to preach, you preach.” Meaning wherever you are you must be willing to do what you are called to do!

Needless to say my promise has not happened yet…But I have been praying lately and He has told me it is upon me. Even as I write this I am encouraging myself because I have been discouraged the past few days. This is only a trick of the enemy because every time I have spiritual victories as I mentioned in my last blog, the devil comes at my mind. So I guess that just means I have to come against that spirit in prayer. HE WILL NOT DEFEAT ME!!! And he can’t defeat you either!

Another testimony of protection…

I drove home from Texas for twenty hours. When I got home and was turning into my driveway I felt a weird feeling in my car. Welp I was tired so I went to bed. The next morning I went out and my tire light was on. So when I got out of my car at the store it was almost flat. I drove to the tire store right away. They pulled out a 3 inch nail and a 3 inch piece of metal out of my tire! The guy told me it was a miracle that I didn’t have a blow out. A lady in the tire store said, “You are blessed and have the favor of God.” I looked at her and said, “Actually I do!” This was my physical protection!!! If God before you than who can be against you? I tell you my friends no one!

I am asking you my friends and family who read this blog to please pray for me and my mission to help people. I know He has called me to evangelism to the streets. Helping people where they are located. Reaching into the community and meeting their needs. I need a job! I have been applying since last October and God has told me He was preparing me and that’s why I didn’t get a job. He has also told me recently that my miracle is upon me. Will you help me pray for a job? Will you help me pray for sponsors? Or would you like to help sow into my ministry? I covet your prayers. I don’t want to miss any footsteps. The fields are white and ready to harvest. The time is now and I am ready to “Step into my promise!”

God Bless You!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU LINDA. "WAIT UPON THE LORD AND HE SHALL RENEW YOUR STRENGTH. YOU SHALL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS OF EAGLES, YOU SHALL RUN AND NOT BE WEARY, AND YOU SHALL WALK AND NOT FAINT". THIS JUST POPPED IN MY HEAD FOR YOU, THAT IS WHY I PUT IT IN A PERSONAL PHRASE. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY.

    ReplyDelete