Friday, October 31, 2014

What’s Trust Got To Do With It?

What’s Trust Got To Do With It?

The struggle is real, learning to trust God to be God, to do all that He has said He will do. I have a dream, I have a vision, and I have a calling and you do too! I think you like me have let things from the past and often in the present daunt us away from our future. We speak, “How can I do it? Why would He choose me? I am not good enough. I have failed too much. I have somehow lost the promise because of my failure.”  We speak anti-trust when we allow it to become about what we can do, rather than what He can do in our lives.  I will tell you the truth if you think you can’t do it then you are absolutely correct!
YOU CAN’T DO IT!!!

I think that this is the hardest lesson that I have ever had to learn, “I CANNOT DO IT.” Ouch! That hurts! It may be the truest lesson because it is about learning to trust in the Lord with all of our hearts. We say we trust Him, but do we really?

 It is hard to walk in faith knowing and not seeing. But isn’t that the definition of faith?

“Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

We can quote it, we can read it, we can turn to it, we can believe it, but how can we live it?

At church a few weeks ago precious lady spoke into my life in Sunday school and brought forth a timely message. She spoke about Hope, Trust, and Faith. The Lord had been talking to me about trust and putting my confidence in Him all month. So when she spoke her words it was like they burrowed into my soul. It is not enough to trust God but we must also put our confidence in Him. I can trust that you may be a good person but I don’t have confidence in every good person to come through in my life. God is a God of confidence and we must allow our trust to become confidence in Him, for He will do what He said He will do.

 When you let Him order your steps and take Him out of the box we have put Him in in our minds, I think that is when He can truly blow our minds. I want to live a life with the Lord where my trust is without borders. How do we live without borders? We have to die daily to the cross. We have to pray the prayer not my will but thy will be done Lord Jesus. We have to say guide me Lord, order my steps Lord, show me Lord, and let me not be deceived Lord. He is our daily bread and He desires to be the center of our lives. I told a dear friend this week that God is a jealous God and He desires us more than we desire Him. He is leading us to a place of trust and understanding so that He can give us the best gifts. The best part is that if God never does it, if He never fulfills His promise, (which I don’t believe because He cannot lie), then you will have surrendered to a God who will love you unconditionally.

If you haven’t experienced the kind of love from God I am talking about you too can have it. It is a process it doesn’t happen overnight. Often you will fall into utter failure but it’s when He picks you up out of the pig pen of your mistakes that you will find His love. When you couldn’t get up by yourself, when you had no place else to go, when there was no way for you to be set free from your failures, that my friend is when you will find His love. I am not saying you have to fail to find His love, but I am saying when you fail He will be there to lift you up. It is when you realize that He really does give and take away and that lifts up and takes down, and that the Master of the universe is holding you in His arms, you will know love.

The Key Principles of Faith by Sis Martin:
1)   You have to have hope
2)   You have to know it’s not your own abilities
3)   You must be fully persuaded

I have a hope that surpasses all understanding. I now know that it is not my own abilities. I am fully persuaded that God will fulfill His promises in me. God has brought people into my life in the past few months to speak about my heart’s desires. He has spent the last month unraveling my mind and teaching me to trust Him. He led me to Proverbs 3 and I think I have read the chapter every day for a two weeks.

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” Proverbs 3:5-7

You must first have faith in order to trust. You must then have trust in order to have confidence. With confidence you will seek after wisdom. With wisdom you gain understanding. All of these attributes must be born in prayer. The ultimate understanding is that no you cannot do it!!! It is God who does it all, but it is us who let’s God do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment