Friday, August 22, 2014

Unplugging the Drain..

Unplugging the Drain…

How many times have you had to unclog your sink drain? I think it has happened to us all at one time or another. Then there was that one time you got down on your hands and knees in the tub and it seemed you pulled and pulled at all the junk clogging your drain. You might have found rocks, dirt, hair, and “oh my” yes, you found some pennies. Is it any wonder the water cannot flow freely down the drain? 

The Lord gave me a scripture in prayer a few days ago:

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” John 7:38

The Lord reminded me of Jonah and how he was in the belly of the whale. He was in the belly for three long days… He was in with the waste, undigested food, and foul smells. Jonah had to die to self in the belly of that whale! Just as we have to die to ourselves in order to be raised up again. I am talking about salvation but I am also talking about dying to self-will so that God can use us to our full potential. 

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.” (Matthew 12:40-41)

God was making him over and re-shaping Jonah for his purpose to preach to Ninevah. You cannot run from God because no matter where you are, He will find you! 


Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water… 


You have to come out of the belly to live and to flow in the spirit. God has put me in the belly of the whale. I have failed Him and I have come before Him wanting. It is dark, it is lonely, it is smelly, it is foul, it is painful, it is rejection, it is fear, it is doubt, it is travail, it is anguish, but it is necessary. 

How can you flow with living water if you have dead things living inside of you? I tell you, you cannot! You might not even know they are there but the enemy knows just when to pounce on you in the most obscure moments. You think you are where you need to be but God is digging in your drain and He is finding dirt, hair, and pennies. He is digging to the core of your being. He wants all of you! He wants ultimate surrender. 

He wants to get you from whom you thought you were to who you are to become!

Then the Lord showed me unless I had gone through the belly of the whale I would never be able to be used to my full potential. The junk buried in my life from a small girl has kept me from advancing in Him. You see my friend even if you don’t know you are sinning, sin is what separates us from the love of God. It is what keeps us from seeing the supernatural in our walk with God. I implore you to ask God to search you the easy way and let Him show you your faults. I promise you that it is a painful journey to be in the belly. 

Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water

Now, once you are out of the whale’s belly and you surrender the rivers of living water can flow freely. There will be liberty but there is a cost for that liberty. You must be willing to put all your eggs in one basket: The basket of the calling of the Lord. Are you willing to sell out to see other’s lives changed? Will you be willing to sacrifice so others do not spend an eternity in Hell? I know this is strong language but it is necessary. I have been sifted, I have been found wanting, but I am also an overcomer for the Gospel. 

Who am I?
I am a child of the King, daughter, forgiven, redeemed, called out for a purpose, holding the rod of authority, chosen, loved, apostle, lover of souls, and so much more….

It really isn’t about me. But it is me trying to inspire you to take your life to the next level:

1) Search me Lord show me my hidden sin

2) Daily dedicated prayer (sacrificial prayer)

3) Daily reading searching out the scriptures

4) Fasting (one day weekly)

5) Tithing (10%)

6) Faithful to the House of the Lord

7) Reaching for the Lost

8) Helping the homeless, widows, orphans, the least of these Matthew 25

I would like to encourage you to pray Ephesians 6 by putting on the armor of God each day before you leave your home. I would like to encourage you to pray in the morning even if you just start with five minutes. Be on the offensive in prayer and take the enemy by storm. 

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12 

God commands everything and He is in control! You must go through the belly of the whale to get all the junk out of your life. Jesus spent three days in the tomb; He did so to save us from our sins. We too must die to self to be saved from our sins! 

You must unplug the drain in your life so that the water can flow freely. Then a well of living water will spring up and carry you to newer heights in the Lord. He will be able to free you from the debris of the junk so that He is able to do what He has called you to do in your life! 

Salvation Message:

John 3:5 (Jesus’ command)

Acts 2:38 (Peter telling the people how to be saved)

You too can be saved… He is reaching for you and He is calling you out of the whale of the belly of life… Feel free to contact me for more information :)









No comments:

Post a Comment