Monday, October 21, 2013

Happenings...


Today I am sitting in the Longview Library and I am overwhelmed by the mercies of the Lord. I have been on a journey for the last few years and yes I mean years... I have been on a journey that no, is not complete but the outer edges of the puzzle are being formed for His glory. 

I am excited to announce that my sweet friend, the first one in Longview was
baptized last night in the wonderful saving name of Jesus Christ! I am so excited about where God is opening the door for me here in ministry. It is not about me or who I am but it is about the work of the Lord.

He has called me here for a purpose and that door has begun to open.  A few weeks ago I met Jimmy at the public library, which is why I am here today actually. I came looking for him to bring him an umbrella. It has begun to rain and he has not been able to get into shelter yet as far as I know. I felt led of the Lord to come to the Library a few weeks ago and that is where I met some new friends Jimmy and Dan. They were sitting on the park bench outside and something just came over me and I went up to them both. I ended up sitting there for over 2 hours just listening to their stories and being a friend. Then Jimmy decided to come to church with me on a Wednesday night. I was so excited! Here a door of opportunity to meet people at the library who are broken and alone.

Jimmy referred me to volunteer and go to a local soup kitchen. It was the third or fourth time that I was recommended to visit this place, so I went. I was welcomed and began volunteering the very next day. When moving to Longview I had a temporary job with a local homeless organization but this job had ended. I had some free time and there is something in me that compels me to reach for those in need. I really can’t explain it… When you are reaching for souls and you see results something makes you want to reach for them even more…

I spent a few days at the soup kitchen and was able to pour into several people. There was one young man and I will call him Dave. He was drawn to me the whole four hours I was there. He told me it was his birthday. I burst out into song and anyone who knows me (knows this is often). He stopped me and said, “Wait, wait, I want to record you, I am moving to Las Vegas and I can listen to you on the bus the whole way there!” I was honored and sang into the camera for him. He knew I was Pentecostal and said that he had been raised around people like me. He was so excited to know me. I am glad I took the time to be kind to him because the next day I was told that he was dying of aids and that he was going to live with loved ones in Las Vegas. You never know whom you are impacting and how just a little extra time can change someone’s life and give them hope.

Another homeless friend I have been working with has allowed me to pray with her. She came to me in tears thinking she was sick with cancer. I laid hands on her and declared healing for her body. It is not me but the Jesus in me who is using me for His glory. I mention her because she is a part of the job where I was working. I was able to see her and another lady from the shelter down at the kitchen. I was able to sit and minister to these families. They are broken and just need someone to come along and give them hope. It seems that yes, I am but one person yet each one can reach one.

What is your focus? Are you reaching for those who are hurting? I challenge you to step out in faith and speak hope to someone around you. Jesus brings in the increase but its our job to toss the net and those who are hungry will eat. We don’t determine who is worthy and who will come to Him but the more we throw out our net the more they will eat.

You can never stop reaching! You must be reaching for all you meet. You can ask God to open the door but you must be willing to step through when He gives you an opening. There might be only one chance to tell them. Don’t be scared! Just show them genuine love and compassion and they will be drawn to you. I have been in Longview about 4 months and I counted up the amount of people God has led me to and the number is astonishing! One person really can reach their world!

Her name is Bonnie my first friend to get baptized in Longview. God has allowed me to reach 7 homeless friends from the streets of Ann Arbor. Revival is springing forth in a city that I am no longer in but I was the starter. Will you be a starter? Will you reach your world? You don’t have to go to the homeless shelters, the library steps, the soup kitchens, or even the streets to reach the hungry. You can reach them on your job, your neighborhood and the local supermarket. You can make a difference!



My new friend Sammy is a dynamic soul winner, he lives in Dallas and he has inspired me to speak every where I am at… Boy am I inspired and in awe. In a short while he won 9 families to the Lord and in the past year alone he won 18 different people to the Lord. I am humbled and honored that the Lord allowed him to come into my life. I have so much to learn and it is so inspiring!

… Another friend Faith who is also moving to the Dallas area is talented in outreach. She has been a prayer partner and an instant friend. She too has seen many souls come to the Lord. These are the type of people that I want to learn from. I want to be a soul winner for all types of people. I never want to be limited inside a box of my own making.

Both of these friends God has been putting me in contact with in the last few weeks. God does not make mistakes. He knows just who to bring into our lives and just when they will make the greatest impact. It is my desire to impact those of you who are reading this… We all need a little bit more inspiration. Just think that you reach today could be the greatest soul winner of our time or that soul winner just might be you! 

*Praise report! I was blessed with a memory foam bed when I have been sleeping on the floor for 3 months! 

**I got a full time solid job with full benefits and the whole nine yards! 

This has been one of the greatest weeks for blessings! God is always right on time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment