Monday, July 30, 2012

To be or not to be that is the question?

God has radically changed my life! No longer am I bound by the sins of my own making. He has brought me out with a purpose. He wants me to reach the lost, the dying, the hungry, and the hurting. It is never too late radically give over your life to the Lord. I thought God had forgotten me in my sorrows and that he had left me behind. He knew the journey I would embark and he knew the choices I would make to bring me where I am today. Jesus was 33 1/2 when he began his ministry and as I am only 32 there is much that God can do with my life. It is never too late and the gifts of God are without repentance.  "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." Romans 11:29

The past few weeks have been spent pouring my heart out to God seeking his will. I feel I have received some answers and I know that there is much for me to do in the kingdom. It is not quite the right timing for what He has for me but while I wait I must begin to labor. I have a promise from the Lord, "IF" I walk through the door he is faithful and is bound by his word to meet my every need. If I turn away from my own desires he is faithful to give me what I need. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place." 2 Chronicles 7:14-15

I prayed this past week and God told me if I walked through the door He would do the rest. God in his amazingness sent an evangelist to Michigan Ladies Conf to speak to me those same words. He confirmed his word over and over to me this week in every message I heard. It was and is now my duty to walk through the door!

To be or not to be! It's time church to get beyond our comfort zone and narrow minded ways...

Today was the first day of me new life!

~Journal Entry on Monday July 30, 2012~
4:49pm: I am just leaving the dollar store where I spent $19.28. I purchased 2 bottles of water, 2 granola bars, 2 packages of crackers, 1 toothbrush with toothpaste, 1 bar of soap, and 1 bottle of hand sanitizer. Enough for 6 bags...

I began by praying over the items asking God to bless those who would receive the items. I felt the love of God and his people wash over my heart as I sat in the parking lot with tears streaming down my face. For today I would step outside my box and my comfort zone. I would begin the labor in the field. The homeless people of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti were my target.

I wrote in my journal that I kept with me all day. "It is not much but its a start. I will attempt to impact 6 peoples lives today. I will attempt to do this once a week. The weekly goal is to hand out 6 care packages. I must go because God commanded me to go into the highways and bi-ways." I am reminded of the scripture, "And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled."

5:07pm: I then began to drive around the city of Ann Arbor and I begin searching the streets looking for homeless people in need. I keep looking but I don't see any!

5:37pm: Still looking with no success

5:45pm: # 1 Wheeler Park/ Fourth St
I see the first one sleeping on a park bench. I had to circle back the park and find a place to park.
All around there are loud, angry sounding men and women. They looked a little rough and honestly I was petrified! I prayed and asked the Lord to have them move away from the man on the bench. They began to move away and I walked very quickly and with vigor to the man sleeping on the park bench. My heart went out to him! Here he was an old man who was spending his older years sleeping on a park bench. I quickly placed the bag of goods on the park bench and moved quickly away from the rough crowd!

As I got back in the car my heart was racing and continued for about 20 mins....

6:30pm: #2 Washtenaw Ave Exit Ramp
I had driven for about an hour and I didn't see anymore homeless. I then remembered that there are homeless next to exit ramps. I made my way toward the church and stopped off on Washtenaw Ave. Here is where I met Wayne. He had a ruddy complexion with a beard. He was walking with a sign asking for help. I motioned him to the car and where he told me his name. I told him I would be praying for him and he said he would do the same for me. Please take a moment if you are reading this and say a prayer for Wayne. "Lord, you know where he is at in his life, please help him to make his way to you where he can be saved and forever be changed from this world to the next."

6:56pm: Church wide prayer...Also I organized Monday Night Singles Prayer on Encounter Ministry.
I pull into the parking lot. I feel the burden and urgency as I know God is calling me to pray. Now is the time church! We must pray if we intend to impact and change the lives around us! I felt the need to bind together with my friends in prayer. Single people also often have the most time to devote to the things of the Lord. Jesus and Paul were single and they both impacted more lives than anyone else. I too am single and in my singleness God has made a way for me to reach out to those in need. I prayed for Wayne and the man sleeping on the park bench. I also prayed for all the needs of my single friends. (I love everyone of you)

The slogan is true: People don't care what you know until they know you care! We must bind together in prayer in these last days. We must have a spirit of unity if we are to reach this lost and dying world!  If you are not praying then you will not care and then people will be lost because you have failed to care about those in need. Jesus said, "So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep!" John 21:15-17 This is in the physical and the spiritual. We are commanded to feed his sheep!

8:00pm: I began the drive to Ypsilanti. On the drive, God continued to work on my heart and I wept the entire way. Lord I prayed help me find at least one more needy person.

8:30pm: #3 Michigan Ave

I saw a homeless man sitting on a bench. He had his head down and looked very sad. I circled the block and came back to the corner where he was sitting. He had started walking down the street. He had a slight limp, his hair was un-kept, his clothes were dirty, and he had very few teeth. I pulled up beside him on the street. I called to him, "Sir," He responded and came to the car. I said, "Hello, I would like to give you something." He said, "Why?" I responded, "Just because no strings." He was very happy and thanked me. He shook my hand and told me his name was David. I told him my name as well and he was so happy to meet me. Please take a moment if you are reading this and say a prayer for David. "Lord, you know where he is at in his life, please help him to make his way to you where he can be saved and forever be changed from this world to the next."

8:45pm: I made it home from the long day. Yet, today I feel happy and fulfilled. There is not much else I could of done for the Lord in one day. I did everything today that I was supposed to do as a member of the body of Christ. Now I must formulate what to do next. What will you do when you read this? Will you think oh that's nice for Linda, or will it inspire you to do more?

Let's embark on this journey together. I have been inspired by a friend who is doing an amazing work for God. Will you be inspired by my story? Do you really want to impact change? There is so much more for us to do together! I am willing to try anything once. Now is the time to pay it forward. Do unto others as you'd have them done unto you. If you were in need you would want someone to reach out to you!

God told me to "GO" and do so many times this week. Whether it be to pray for someone with cancer, to speak words of faith to a friend, or to step out and give to the homeless; Yes, you too can make a difference! What is God calling you to do?

I hope from this moment on that I answer the call of God in my life. When I hear that still small voice I must respond. Declare it in faith and God will be there "if" you do it! You have nothing to lose because God is the one who does the work, we are just the vessel. I am reminded of a sermon; "Our job is to throw the seed, whether it land on the ground, in the soil, or on the rocks. We don't make it grow it is just our job to plant."

It is our job to be reaching, helping and loving. The rest is up to God and he will reward our faithfulness and our faith as we step outside our box....

To be a difference or not to be a difference that is your choice...

I only found 3 people so I have 3 more people to find this week and I know God will help me do it!






No comments:

Post a Comment